Thursday, February 2, 2012

Training Update - Week 3

Training is going ok.  It's hard to get all my runs in when I can't run early in the morning before everyone's day starts (still nursing and not about to pump in the wee hours plus Aidan usually wakes up 5am and nurses/snuggles with me until 6:30am or 7am). 

Last week I was able to get in this:

Tuesday:  30 minute HIIT (3.14 miles for the HIIT and 3.4 miles total) + some circuit training (25 minutes worth)
Friday:  4.93 miles with the jogging stroller + abs
Sunday:  Great 7.16 mile run by myself + abs

Total mileage for the week:  15.49 miles
Total January miles:  59.59 miles (if I had only known, I would have run an extra 1/2 mile)

Hopefully, the little man will start sleeping a little later and not feel the need to snuggle every morning so I can get out there and pound the pavement while my family is still asleep.  That would make things a lot easier.  One day it will happen.  I am trying not to rush it. 

Today is so nice, I am going to try to get in a couple of miles this afternoon with the kiddos.  Are you training for anything?  How is it going?


  1. Jaime, I've followed your blog for quite some time and skimmed over posts about not being able to train well because of sleep deprivation.....until I had my twin girls almost four months ago. Now that I'm in the same position where I really want to train for a race but it's not really possible yet, I have total empathy for you! 9this is Mrs. NGM from the nest, but I haven't been active in forever so I don't expect you to remember me).

  2. You are doing great with your training! I too sympathize about the sleep deprivation. Hang in there!

  3. You are doing great with your training! I think you also need to have a best jogging stroller .